logo g2g899

g2g899

g2g899 "I am sure that you do, sir; and when I saw you on the quarter-deck for the first time, I had no doubt you were the officer who came on board sick last evening," replied Captain Battleton. g2g899 "Of course my cousin Corny intends to hand the vessel over to the Confederate government." "My father is quite well, but he left Bonnydale last Tuesday to go to Washington, and had not returned when I left home. My mother is quite well, and so is Florry," replied the sick officer, who did not appear to be suffering from a very severe headache just then, for he was quite cheerful and animated. He had decided upon his method of operations, and then wished again that he was not in command of the steamer; for the expedition he intended 311 to send out was one he would have been glad to command in person, instead of remaining inactive on board of the Bronx. As soon as he had arranged his plan, he went on deck. To the astonishment of the first lieutenant, he changed the course of the steamer to the north, and at noon let go the anchor in four fathoms of water. The vessel remained there till it was dark, and then proceeded to the westward, sounding all the time. 83 "If I am correctly informed, you came home as prize master of the Vixen, convoying quite a fleet of steamers and schooners," continued Captain Battleton, looking about the cabin as though the inquiry had become wearisome to him. 42 "I never heard of the place before, sir," persisted the seaman. ruay at "Strike three bells," added the commander; and the steamer began to back her screw. "I am sorry to have kept you waiting for your supper, sir," replied Christy, falling in with the humor of his involuntary guest. "But that was the fault of my steward, who ought to have informed me that I was to have the pleasure of your company at supper." "No, sar; can't spell noffin." 85 "Did you keep a copy of that report?" "All sorts o' tings, massa; guns, and pistols, and close. Dis nigger help take de tings out ob her." "The United States steamer Bronx, under sealed orders. What steamer is that?" It seemed to him to be a matter of course that the midnight visitor had come into the mansion 18 for the purpose of plundering its occupants, or of securing the valuables it contained. Putting his lamp on the table, he went out upon the veranda, and looked all about him. The grounds were very extensive, and a broad avenue led to the street. It was very dark; but as he cast his eyes in the direction of the grand entrance to the estate, he discovered some dark object in motion; but he lost sight of it in a moment. It was now all as clear to Christy as though he had observed the proceedings of the conspirators, and taken notes of all they had done. The purpose of all these operations was quite as obvious as the details of the scheme. Either the Vernon or the Bronx was to be captured, perhaps both, for of course Christy could not determine in what manner the mischief was to be accomplished. Prisoner of war as he was, he never felt burdened with a greater responsibility than when he realized the actual situation. "If you will name one, I will name another," added Christy. shabu999 "I have one in my stateroom; but it is altogether too small for you," replied the commander, glancing in the gloom of the night at the stalwart form of the third lieutenant, lacking not more than an inch of six feet, and his weight could not have been less than one hundred and eighty. "We will see what can be done in the morning." CHAPTER XVIII A BATTLE ON A SMALL SCALE "Precisely so." "I expect they have sent all the strong ones up to work on the fortifications." CHAPTER XVIII A BATTLE ON A SMALL SCALE 281 Dave was not satisfied with what he had done, and as his foe went over in the chair, he sprang upon him, and tried to wrest the pistol from his hand, and a struggle on the floor was begun, the result of which could not be foreseen. Christy took in the situation at a glance, and while the steward and his victim were rolling and writhing on the floor, he darted into his stateroom, the door of which had been open all the time, and took his heavy revolvers from the drawer where he kept them, charged for immediate use. The commander found Dave keeping close watch over Corny Passford, though he was fast asleep in his berth. Passing through the ward room and steerage, Dave unlocked the door that led into the quarters of the crew. Next to the bulkhead, or partition, was space enough for the prisoners, and the steward was required to bring five berth sacks, which were placed on the deck. "We will not give them any signal, but we will treat them to some visitors. Is the steamer armed, Mike?" "Yes, sir; most of the guns have been removed to points where they can be used to greater advantage than here. The few we have are twenty-four pounders, mounted en barbette," replied Lieutenant Fourchon. "The fort is practically abandoned; and in a short time will be entirely so, for the enemy's ships of war can do no harm here, and there is not water enough above to permit their passage into the Mississippi."

g2g899
สมัครสมาชิก g2g899

g2g899 คะแนนราคาและรางวัล

g2g899 "We are putting things to rights on board," replied Christy, who had not seen the doctor before, for he had retired early to his room. "That lieutenant is a brave man," said Mr. Pennant, "and I know he is a gentleman." "I suppose that is the Bronx astern of her," added Captain Battleton. "It is the smallest of the three, at any rate. Mr. Salisbury, you will run directly for the flag-ship," he added to the executive officer on the quarter-deck. "Bonnydale sounds like a fancy name, such as any gentleman might give to his estate," continued Mr. Salisbury, smiling, as he repeated the phrases he had used before. "Is this the fact?" 300 "Captain Passford, I protest agailst this treatment of a prisoler of war," howled the privateersman. 162 Christy was not very hungry after his late dinner, but he ate the dainties brought to him, and found that the cook of the Bronx had lost none of his skill. He might not have an opportunity to eat again very soon, for he did not lose sight of the fact that failure was possible, and he might soon be an occupant of a Confederate prison with Flint, as he had been once before. "You have never seen my cousin Corny, I believe, Dave; but he looks like me. Now sit down, and I will tell you all about it." "I am glad to hear it. Have you informed him that we have another lieutenant on board of the Vernon?" continued the commander. 138 "There has, captain; he is a young man by the name of Byron; but I did not learn his rank." sfbet88 Christy was not stunned or overwhelmed by this impudent speech. He looked at the speaker, and promptly recognized his cousin Corny. He was astonished at the brazen assurance of the other, for he had always seemed to him to be a fairly modest young man. Corny extended his hand to Christy, and it was accepted. "I spoke to you, Walsh," said the lieutenant, in the tone he had learned to use when he intended to enforce respect and obedience. "That is not my name, sir; and I refer you to the ship's papers to prove it. I am not the man to be ashamed of my name, which is not Welch or Walsh, sir, if you will excuse me for saying so." www ruay com "I will go with you, Uncle Job," added Mr. Pennant quietly. "Who's there?" demanded Christy Passford, sitting up in his bed, in the middle of the night, in his room on the second floor of his father's palatial mansion on the Hudson, where the young lieutenant was waiting for a passage to the Gulf. "Yes; but you will get four or five fathoms almost up to the beaches. When I was here, the Bellevite was anchored outside, and we went gunning and fishing in St. Andrew's Bay. The bay is about thirty miles long; but it is as crooked as a ram's horn, and there is no town on it, though there are some scattered houses," added Christy. "We shot fat ducks, and caught plenty of red snappers and pompana there." A minute later Christy appeared with his report in his hand, and both of them were presented to the captain. The handwriting was as different as possible in the two papers. Corny's was in a large, coarse hand, but it was a fair copy, while Christy's contained several corrections and inter-lineations. No one could recognize the writing of either of the claimants, and the documents proved nothing at all. The captain was evidently weary of the investigation, and nothing but the commission 87 seemed to throw any reliable light upon the claim of either one or the other. g2g899 Corny's first movement on board of the Vernon was to take the hand of Mr. Galvinne, whom he appeared to be congratulating on a promotion or appointment. The second lieutenant promptly handed his lists to the third lieutenant, Mr. Winter, who proceeded with the calling of the names. Corny and Mr. Galvinne immediately went below, and Christy concluded that the officer he had spotted as the traitor had been appointed to the little gunboat, either as first or second 122 lieutenant, and that they were making their preparations to go on board of her. In a few minutes they appeared with the steward of the ward room carrying their baggage. Christy laughed in spite of the importance of the investigation at the coolness and self-possession of his cousin; but he could not understand how Corny would be able to produce a copy of his report, which was in his valise with several such papers. On his arrival in New York he hastened across the ferry to the navy-yard. As he approached the opposite shore, he discovered a steamer getting under way. He had not seen the vessel on board of which he was ordered to report as a passenger, but when he asked a deck hand what the steamer was, he was informed that it was the Vernon. The ferry-boat had just gone into the slip, and Christy was terribly startled to learn that he was late. He was still two hours ahead of the time indicated in his orders, and the Vernon was actually getting under way. Quartermaster Vincent was placed in charge of the wheel, with Boxie as helmsman. All that could be done to protect the pilot-house had been done, though it was not yet supposed to be proof against the musket ball that would be fired in that direction. All the men not absolutely needed for 348 duty were sent below, but they were armed with revolvers and cutlasses, ready for service at any instant. The officers retired from the bridge, for it was folly for any one to be unnecessarily exposed to the musketry fire from the loopholes of the fort.

g2g899

g2g899 เว็บไซต์อย่างเป็นทางการของ gacor สำหรับรายชื่อบัญชี 228slot ที่ดีที่สุดในปี 2023

g2g899 Captain Battleton would soon begin his investigation, and Christy was confident that the sick officer would be proved to be the impostor. He was not at all worried or even disturbed in regard 60 to the result, for he felt that "truth is mighty and must prevail." His only solicitude was to unravel the plot. Bands of Confederates had been put on board of several steamers for the purpose of capturing them; and it was possible that this plan had been adopted to obtain possession of the Vernon, for she was a good vessel, and was fitted out as a man-of-war. "Precisely so; and you will readily see that I am not exactly in a position to act in any other manner, as I cannot go back on deck and deliver them in person, for your officers would be prejudiced against me, and might be disposed to rebel against my authority." Mr. Pennant concluded that the sail could not be far off, or it could not be seen, and it would be useless to maintain the dead silence, which was 208 painful to all in the boat. He stood up in his place, and, after looking for a couple of minutes, he made out the sail himself. So far as he could judge from what he saw, the craft was a small sloop of not more than thirty-five feet in length. The doctor took from his pocket a small bottle of chloroform he had obtained from the big house, and dropped a quantity of it into the teaspoon. Mixing it with a little water in a glass, he gave it to the patient, who swallowed it quickly in spite of its burning taste. "I do not stand on mere forms, Dr. Connelly; but if you continue to call me simply 'mister,' I shall understand from it that you do not recognize me as the rightful commander of the Bronx," replied Christy, as he invited the surgeon with a gesture to enter the captain's cabin. "Do you refer to the lieutenant appointed to the command of the Bronx on our arrival in the Gulf?" asked Dr. Connelly, laughing. "He has enlisted as a seaman, and seems to be a good one. By the way, where did you learn that my cousin attempted to take the Bronx into Pensacola Bay?" asked Christy curiously, though he was using up the time he could not yet improve. lava900 "If he does that, so much the better, for we shall have more time to prepare for a decided stroke," replied Christy. "I have my plan all ready, though of course it may fail, and to-night we may all be prisoners of war." 179 "I will," replied the prisoner. "That is not my name, sir; and I refer you to the ship's papers to prove it. I am not the man to be ashamed of my name, which is not Welch or Walsh, sir, if you will excuse me for saying so." g2g899 "It is not necessary to obey the orders of the 150 Yankee flag-officer under present circumstances," answered Mr. Galvinne in a chuckling tone, as it sounded to the listener. "I think you are right, Mr. Passford. You spoke of history." "I have already recognized the union officer, and therefore you must be the Confederate." "Did you learn his name?" asked Christy, greatly interested in what the officer was about to say. In less than half an hour the party reached the locality indicated by Job. The officer could see the steamer which looked, in the gloom of the night, as though she was a craft of about five hundred tons. She was moored in the deep water so far in that she could not be seen by vessels in the offing. On each side of her was a small river steamer, and she seemed not to have completed her cargo. 252auto "Lieutenant Fourchon, this is the doctor; but I do not know his name," said the soldier. "Where are you bound, Captain Passford?" asked Flanger, in a careless and indifferent manner, as he looked about the cabin. "But what are we going to do, Massa Christy?" asked the steward, dazzled by the situation. 245 "I suppose the steamer has a supply of coal on board, Mr. Flint." "At present I cannot; after I have had an opportunity for reflection I may be able to do so," replied Christy, from whom a more decided demonstration than he made was expected. The Bronx dashed upon her course, and in a moment more she was out of the reach of the balls from the muskets. Half a mile farther up the Pass, the captain ordered Vincent to strike two bells. The Sphinx was in sight, not half a mile distant, with a small steamer on each side of her. Doubtless her captain had full confidence in the ability of the fort to protect his vessel, and he continued his operations as though he was in no possible danger. The third lieutenant was sent for, and his instructions were given to him. Mike would be his pilot, and could give him such information as he required in regard to the locality. He was to land in some convenient locality, cross the island on foot at the plantation, to Fort Lafitte, distant less than a mile, and ascertain if there were a steamer or other vessels in the bay. He was also instructed to use all means in his power to ascertain the strength of the fort. He was to make a landing about half a mile west of the plantation buildings. "That is a bad name for this child," said the octoroon, shaking his head. "Are you the son of Colonel Passford?" "Shall we find no one at the negro quarters?" asked the lieutenant with interest.

g2g899

g2g899 ไม่มีข้อผูกพัน การถอนเงินรวมทั้งยอดคงเหลืออยู่

g2g899 "Then my uncle has vessels in that bay which are to run out?" inquired Christy, deeply interested in the revelations of the skipper. "I am sure he would," protested Paul. "I am sure he would," protested Paul. "If you will get out of the berth yourself, I will allow you to do so," added Christy. No doubt he was greatly surprised to hear his name, pronounced as though it came up through the deck, as he had abundant reason to be. "The Magnolia, bound to Appalachicola," replied 209 the spokesman of the craft. "What boat is that?" "Where is your bag?" asked Mr. Flint, as Christy, the actual commander of the Bronx, passed him. "What are you doing with a valise?" "Horatio Passford." "We have no countersign to give." 252auto "And you did not come on board of the Vernon last evening?" "He can hardly spare the time to do that; his business is such that he cannot leave," replied the lieutenant, much amused at the simplicity of the negro. "Now tell me something more about this steamer in the bay. How big is she?" "I have, captain; and it is in my own handwriting," replied the officer addressed. "Don't care for de fight, sar; Job isn't 'feered o' noffin'." "But I can wait, Mr. Pennant," interposed Christy. Before Christy could begin his report he was called to the deck by the first lieutenant, though everything had appeared to be quiet and orderly there. Ralph Pennant had been at work among the crew, and was unable to discover that any of the men were disloyal; but the commander had better information obtained by his own investigations. Ralph was in consultation with Mr. Flint when Christy went on deck. Christy was a passenger on board of the Vernon, and he had nothing to do. The commanding officer appeared to be engaged in the details of his duty, though the steamer was in charge of a pilot. He could see from his shoulder straps that he was an ensign, and the officers in the waist and on the forecastle were of the same rank. If there were any other passengers on board of the vessel who were commissioned officers, they were not visible on the deck, though they might be in their staterooms, arranging their affairs for the voyage. "Have you anything to say in regard to it?" thb168 "Thank you, my man," replied Christy, beginning at once to consider how this change would affect him. "Thank you; I will have one of those lamb's tongues," replied Christy. The negro hurried the officer and Mike into one of the cabins, and shoved them into a sort of closet, while he went to the door himself. He passed out into the lane, as the man came into it from the middle of the field, for he had not been near enough to the shore to discover the boat. "Shall we find no one at the negro quarters?" asked the lieutenant with interest. "On board the ferry-boat!" replied the man, resting on his oars. g2g899 "Gollywompus! My old master will get me back then!" groaned Dave, who had been very happy in his new service and at Bonnydale where he had spent considerable of his time while Christy was waiting for the fitting out of the Bronx. "I think I had better get on board of the flag-ship right off." "But there will be no trouble of any kind," added the first lieutenant. "We are not carrying sail, and I shall quietly give the word to the quartermaster to make the course west instead of east. Flint is the only man on board who is at all likely to question the regularity of the proceedings on board; and I do not see how he can do it, for he knows nothing at all about the orders under which we are sailing. In fact, we shall be on the other tack before the time comes to open the sealed envelope." This matter was fully discussed during the next two months; and at the end of that time the young lieutenant was again in condition for duty. Both Mr. Camden and Mr. Pennant obtained the appointment of ensign on the strength of his reports. Christy was as earnest as ever in his desire to Stand by the union; he was ordered to the Bellevite as second lieutenant, and, after three months' absence, went to the Gulf again, where we shall find him once more, both on sea and shore, Fighting for the Right. Dave busied himself in clearing the cabin table, and Christy impatiently waited the time for the decided action which had been planned. About half an hour later, when he realized from the condition of the stateroom that it was quite dark, the sounds coming to him assured him that the course of the Bronx had been changed as indicated by Mr. Galvinne. No noise or confusion on deck followed it, and the naval officer's prediction seemed to be in a fair way to be realized.

• สมัครง่ายๆแค่คลิก ระบบเราทำงานอัติโนมัติภายใน 5 วินาทีเท่านั้น
  • รองรับเมนูภาษาไทย เล่นพนันผ่านมือถือได้
  • แทงสเต็ปขั้นต่ำได้ 2 คู่ขึ้นไปง่ายๆ พร้อมส่วนลดต่างๆมาหมาย
  • อัตราการจ่ายค่าน้ำสูง แทงขั้นต่ำเพียง 10 บาท
  • ฝาก-ถอน ด้วยระบบอัตโนมัติ AUTO ผ่านหน้าเว็บด้วยตัวคุณเอง
  • Call Center ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง รองรับการสอบถาม ปรึกษาและสมัครได้ตลอดเวลา
  • ซื่อสัตย์ เชื่อถือได้ การันตี การเงินมั่นคง 100%
  • มีคาสิโนออนไลน์ ทั้งบาคาร่า และอื่นๆ แบบสดๆ ให้เล่นได้ในไอดีเดียวกัน
  • การเงินมั่นคง จ่ายเร็ว จ่ายไว จ่ายไม่อั้น
  • สมัครสมาชิกกับเราวีนนี้ พร้อมโปรโมชั่นดีอีกมากมาย
  • เว็บตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ บริหารงานโดยทีมงานคุณภาพ
g2g899

สมัครสมาชิก g2g899

1. สมัครg2g899 เล่นผ่านหน้าเว็บไซต์หรือแอดไลน์ (Line) @g2g899
  2. กรอกข้อมูลตามที่ระบบแจ้ง
  3. เลือกค่ายเกม g2g899 เว็บตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์
  4. ทำการฝากถอนเงินด้วยระบบอัตโนมัติ AUTO
  5. รับ User และ Password
  6. เลือกทางเข้าเล่นเว็บ g2g899 ที่สมัครสมาชิก
  7. กรอก User และ Password ที่ระบบให้เพื่อจะนำไปใช้ในการ Login เข้าเกม
  8. เมื่อ Login เข้าเล่นได้แล้วจากนั้นให้เลือกแถบเกม ที่ต้องการจะเล่นได้เลย

โปรโมชั่น g2g899 พิเศษเฉพาะคุณ

โปรโมชั่น g2g899 ยูฟ่าเบท โปรแรงแซงทุกค่าย มีให้เลือกมากมาย คุ้มทุกโปร เลือกตามใจชอบได้เลย หากมีข้อสงสัยกรุณาติดต่อเราผ่านช่องทางไลน์แอด LINE: @g2g899

บทความที่น่าสนใจ

bone808

bone808

bone808 "We are bound to the westward, and the course looks as though we might be ordered up the Mississippi," suggested Mr. Flint. "About nine o'clock; perhaps sooner. Byron will have the deck from eight bells for the first watch; I hope and expect Flint will turn in at that time, for he will have the mid-watch. It might be a little awkward if he happens to be on deck when we change our course from east to west."

Read More »
lucy789

lucy789

lucy789 310 "Not much, captain, for in our business we did not have anything to do with forts and such things," chuckled Mike. "The old quarters of the mechanics and laborers used to be on the Gulf shore, but they moved them up north of the fort, on the Grand Pass. About a mile east of the fort there is a big plantation." "Find a bag, for we shall throw that valise overboard," added Mr. Flint. 308 "This is not a cotton-growing region, but is given up to sugar raising," added Christy. "They have to bring the cotton a long distance in order to ship it here." "Hold water!" added the lieutenant. "Stern all!" "I cannot say as to that. When you go forward take a look at the prisoners, and report to me," added Christy, as Mr. Pennant went below.

Read More »
winsor588

winsor588

winsor588 "But Christy has disappeared all the same; and where do you suppose he is?" "Why did you bless the Lord that you were here at last?"

Read More »
betfliknet

betfliknet

betfliknet "All right. You may go into the ward room and ask Mr. Galvinne to come in here," added Corny, who did not feel quite at home in the cabin, and was in mortal terror of committing some indiscretion in his unaccustomed position. "Quartermaster Camden. He commanded a three-masted schooner in the coal trade. He is not college educated, but he is a remarkably well-informed man who shipped in the navy to learn the details of duty on board of a man-of-war." "A steamer, sir," answered Gorman. "I see you are; but you decline to permit the surgeon to dress your wound. I have no more time to fool with you, and the men will put you on a berthsack forward. If you want the surgeon to attend to your wound, you have only to say so."

Read More »
lava444

lava444

lava444 He refused to go below, or to permit Dr. Connelly to come to him until he had attended to the poor fellows who had been wounded on deck.

Read More »
460vip

460vip

460vip "He stole that officer's commission and other papers while he was sleeping in his own home," added Christy. "No, sir; I belong to Captain Flanger: his father is dead, and left me to his son." Many of the seamen were foreigners who cared little on which side they served, and one or more of the four officers in the ward room might be at work for the Confederacy. Christy thought he 102 was in an excellent position to investigate the matter, and he decided that this should be his first duty. Among the crew there must be some who were to take part in the plot of Corny, whatever it was. "Strike two bells, Vincent!" he called to the quartermaster.

Read More »

ใส่ความเห็น

อีเมลของคุณจะไม่แสดงให้คนอื่นเห็น ช่องข้อมูลจำเป็นถูกทำเครื่องหมาย *