logo เวบsbobet

เวบsbobet

เวบsbobet CHAPTER XX AN EXPEDITION TO ST. ANDREW'S BAY "An excellent rule. Is he aware of the fact that there is another Richmond in the field?" "The fortules of war are agailst me, Captail Passford; 288 but if you ever fall ilto my halds, I will cut your dose off cleal to your face," howled the prisoner, boiling over with wrath. เวบsbobet It was a humiliating posture for the actual commander of the vessel, but he promptly got down upon the floor of the stateroom, and crawled under the berth. He placed the trunk and some other articles there so as to form a sort of breast-work, behind which he carefully bestowed himself. It was not an uncomfortable position, for the floor was carpeted and an old satchel filled with his cast-off garments furnished him a pillow sufficiently soft for a person on extraordinary duty. For the size of the steamer, she seemed to be manned by a very large crew; but the letter he had received from his father that morning informed him that the greater part of the crew of the Bronx had been transferred to other vessels upon more active service, and that a large number of seamen 38 were to be sent immediately to reinforce the squadron. This was not pleasant intelligence, for he had become acquainted with all on board of the Bronx, and he would have preferred to begin his permanent service as commander with the former ship's company of the little steamer. However, the exigencies of the service required the change, and he could not complain. This was done under the direction of Mr. Camden. A fresh breeze had sprung up from the north-west, and the Bronx came up to the cable still headed in the direction of her former course. The carpenter reported that the shot had passed out at the side between decks, and that he had plugged the hole. The third lieutenant was busy rigging new wheel ropes, which he said would be 353 ready in half an hour. Mr. Flint, at the order of the captain, had manned the broadside guns, and loaded them with shrapnel, for the most perilous part of the enterprise was yet to come. "Where did you say your father lived, Mr. Passford?" asked the executive officer. "There is not much planning to be done; all we have to do is to run into Pensacola when we are ready to do so," replied the naval officer. "Now, Mr. Pennant, you may remove your bag to the ward room, and the third stateroom on the starboard side, counting from the forward one, is yours for the present," continued Christy. เจลก2 When he had completed his toilet Christy looked at his watch, and was rather surprised to find that it was a full hour later than usual when the call bell had been rung. He went down-stairs, and found his mother and Florry very busy in the dining-room, setting the table. This was the man's work, and the young officer was astonished to see his mother and sister doing it. "In fact, you are more than half right. The sealed orders are not absolutely necessary to me just now, and I shall not insist upon the production of them for the present. Now, if you will seat yourself at the table opposite me, I will dictate an order to you, which you will oblige me by reducing to writing, and then by signing your name to it as commander," continued Flanger, still toying with the heavy revolver. "It was a great mistake," repeated the dignified gentleman, shaking his head. "Did you learn his name?" asked Christy, greatly interested in what the officer was about to say. 204 The body of the fog evidently lay near the water, and the lookout had probably seen the light over the top of the bank, as it could not be made out on the bridge. Christy expressed his belief that the sun would burn the fog off soon after it rose. No variation of the drift lead had been reported, and the Bronx was not even swinging at her anchor. For an hour longer entire silence was preserved on the deck, and the lookout made no further report. sa gaming vip2 "We appear to agree, gentlemen, for you have expressed my own views as well as I could state them myself," added the captain. "But when I decide that the holder of the commission, which I am satisfied is a genuine document, is the loyal officer, and entitled to be received as the future commander of the Bronx, I must declare that the other is a Confederate; and not only that, but also that he is acting as a spy; that he is on board of the Vernon with mischievous intentions. It will be my duty to regard him as a prisoner of war, at least. What do you think of it, Mr. Salisbury?" "That will do, Mr. Flint; stop her, and let go the anchor. Get out a spring astern and make it fast to that buoy," said the commander. 128 In a few minutes, when he had made the cabin tidy for the reception of "Massa Cap'n Passford," he transferred his labors to the stateroom. He worked in the berth and all its surroundings, including the desk, which still contained the real commander's papers, and then gave his attention to the trunk beneath. "I suppose it is," answered Corny, with increasing confusion. "No, sir; nothing but the voices; but I think the speakers must be in a vessel of some sort, for 205 the sound since I first heard it, and could hardly make it out, comes from farther south," replied the man. "What is it, Gorman?" asked the lieutenant, standing up in his place. "I must object to your wearing the shoulder straps of a lieutenant on board of the Vernon," added Captain Battleton. "You did not always eat the fish you caught," suggested Christy. "This is an informal conference, doctor, and I hope you will express your views freely," said the captain. "We lie about south of what Mike calls the big house, a mile and a half distant from it. Make the boat's course north north-west, and you will strike the shore about half way between the planter's house and the fort. But when you get near enough to see both of them, you can land where you think best," Christy explained.

เวบsbobet
สมัครสมาชิก เวบsbobet

เวบsbobet วิธีสมัครสมาชิก ง่ายๆผ่านระบบอัตโนมัติ

เวบsbobet "You have heard the decision I have just given, Mr. Passford, for I have no doubt that is your real name," said the captain, when the cabin door was closed. "She must be a steamer of fifteen hundred tons, and perhaps more," said Mr. Flint, after he had looked at her through his night glass. "But there is a third lieutenant who may deserve promotion," suggested Christy. "I have; but I have no more time to enlighten you. I can only say that with the assistance of the only loyal officer left on board, and the loyal seamen, I have recaptured the vessel, and now we are on our way to St. Andrew's to obey the orders which the flag-officer delivered to you when you were a rebel in disguise. Now Dave will help you out of the berth." "Will it be the highest prudence to permit the conspirators to take the Bronx into a Confederate port, Pensacola, or any other?" demanded Christy with more earnestness than he had yet manifested. 260 I have already learned that you have an excellent cook on board. I should judge from these potatoes that he was brought up in New Orleans." "Oh, I am the officer whom Corny personated," replied the commander with a quiet smile. "The story is not a second-handed one, uncle Homer." "Vincent, pass one half of the men on board of the cutter," said Mr. Pennant, when he had looked over the boat and the men on board of it. หวยลาวเจฟองเบยร "A steamer, sir," answered Gorman. "I told you that I had been the mate of a steamer," answered the seaman. "You have him on board, and perhaps he had better answer the question himself," replied Colonel Passford with a smile. He had learned that several vessels were loading with cotton at Appalachicola, with the intention of running the blockade, if there was any blockader off Cape St. George. His uncle Homer was engaged in superintending the fitting out of these vessels, though whether on his own account or that of the Confederacy, he was not aware. Christy felt that he ought to follow up the information he had obtained with decided action; but he was hardly in condition to do so, for he had fifteen prisoners on board, and he would be obliged to send a prize crew off in the Floridian when she was brought out, as he was confident she would be. He could not settle the question at once, and he went down into his cabin, where his uncle was waiting very impatiently to see him, and had asked Dave a dozen times in regard to him. "You are one now, at any rate. Were you bound to Appalachicola?" The cutter came up at the gangway of the 218 Bronx, and Christy was standing on the rail, anxious to learn what the boat had accomplished. He had heard the report of the volley fired at the cutter, and had been very solicitous for the safety of her crew. He had weighed anchor as soon as he heard the sounds, and proceeded in the direction from which they came. "Yes, sir; and since I came on deck, I heard that Phil Camden had been appointed acting second lieutenant," replied Pennant. "One bell, sir," repeated the petty officer at the wheel. "I done bring you something more to eat, Massa Christy," said the steward, who appeared to have suffered some lapse in his grammar and pronunciation during the absence at the North of his instructor; and as he spoke he handed in a piece of pie and a large slice of cake. "I admit the correctness of your conclusion." ยก lottovip "We have met before," replied the stranger. "Shall I help you to some of these fried potatoes? They are very good, and I can recommend them. Mr. Camden took off the irons, for he had a key to them, and enclosed the wrist in the new pair. Then the two men were directed to take his right arm, which they did, and drew his hand from his nose. This act roused the ire of Flanger, and he began to struggle; but powerful as he was, the two seamen were too much for him, and he was fairly handcuffed. The second lieutenant was the officer of the deck, and he was sent back to his post of duty. Flanger's face was so covered and daubed with the gore from his wound that the 287 condition of his prominent facial member could not be determined. Instead of obeying the order, the boatman hauled in his sheet, and the sloop began to fill away. Mr. Pennant could form no idea of what the party were. It was possible that they were private citizens, and non-combatants; if they were, they had only to prove they were such by submitting to a further inquiry. "Give way now, lively!" said the third lieutenant, in his ordinary tones. "I make her out, and she is a small sloop. We shall not have much of a brush." "Maggywogs! That sounds like Massa Christy's 129 voice; but I done seen him on deck five or ten minutes ago." "I can assure you first that he is alive and well. I am not informed how he got to New York, but 239 he did get there, and in company with two naval officers, one by the name of Byron, as well as Galvinne." "We have no time to talk sentiment now. It is necessary for you to understand the situation better than you do," interposed Christy; and he proceeded to explain in what manner his cousin Corny happened to be in command of the Bronx, while he was himself nominally a prisoner of war. "That is the flag-ship, I think, anchored the farthest from the shore," replied Mr. Galvinne, to whom the remark had been addressed. เวบsbobet The breach was closed, and Corny produced the sealed envelope. Christy Receives a Second Wound.—Page 358. CHAPTER XIII THE OPENING OF THE SECRET ORDERS

เวบsbobet

เวบsbobet ศิลปะแห่งเกมพนัน ที่ยั่วยวน

เวบsbobet "I am glad to see you, Captain Passford," said Mr. Blowitt, who was properly received when he stepped down upon the deck. "As you please," replied the surgeon, as the second lieutenant returned attended by two stout seamen. "Mr. Flint has not had his breakfast yet, and he will come below for it very soon," added Dave. "He was just coming down for it when he got the signal to come alongside the flag-ship." He finished the narrative, and the officers were discussing it when there was a knock at the door. "You do not use your left hand, captain; I hope you were not wounded in the affair this morning off St. Andrew's Bay." 210 "Keep off, or we will fire into you!" shouted the man on the forecastle, who appeared to be the principal man of the party. "I tell you the truth, Dave; but things are mixed," added Christy. Christy obeyed the order of Captain Battleton when he was directed to report below; but he felt that he was permitting the plot of his cousin to be carried out without any opposition, and without any attempt to check its progress. But he was a prisoner, and he realized that he could do nothing. His case had been tried, and he had been condemned to his present condition. It was useless to appeal to the captain, for he had already passed upon all the facts that had been presented before him. "He was always sea-sick when he first went out, and it appears that he has not yet got over the habit. He was so badly off on one occasion that my father thought of taking him on shore, and sending him back to Mobile by land." "Just then they were peaceable enough; but they were not when Captain Flanger ordered them to fire on your men. Colonel Passford and I were the only peaceable citizens on board of the sloop, and I was no citizen at all," replied the skipper, laughing. หวยเดลนวส 161164 "When did you last hear from Corny, uncle Homer?" "I think you need not be too particular about them; they have made their own nest, and now they must live in it," said the first lieutenant. เวบsbobet "So can I, if you please, captain," added the lieutenant, smiling as pleasantly as though he had been free from pain, as he could not have been with the wound in his arm. "I wish to say a few words about the gentleman in black we captured on board of the sloop." "Your views, if you please, Dr. Connelly." "I am very glad to see you, Uncle Job," said Christy, taking the hand of the venerable colored person. "I thank you for the service rendered to my officer. Now, Mr. Pennant, you will come to my cabin and make your report. Bring Uncle Job with you." "But I have no uniform, Captain Passford," suggested the appointee. "You can consult your own inclination as to that, my excellent friend. I shall not force you 285 to be treated by him," added Christy, "But I must suggest that this farce has been carried far enough in my cabin." The Bronx had but one officer on board who had been permanently appointed to her, and at least two others must be selected to serve on board of her. It would be an easy matter for Corny to procure the appointment of Mr. Galvinne, who was doubtless competent to handle the vessel as the impostor certainly was not. lsm999 ทางเขา "Mark under water three!" shouted the leadsman, with an earnestness inspired by the occasion. "If he had done so, I should not have complained. I have been a prisoner of war, and I had to take my chances. We may be in action for aught I know in a few hours, and I do not mean to have half a dozen rebels at my heels to trip me up if I can help it. The circumstances are entirely different from those on board of the Vernon." "Perhaps you builded better than you knew; but if you had not escaped from the Vernon, and managed the whole affair, it would have been a success," added Mr. Flint. "But I can wait, Mr. Pennant," interposed Christy. "I beg your pardon, Captain Passford, for countermanding your order; but Dave will do nothing of the sort," interposed the intruder, as blandly as before. "Dave knows better than to obey such an order." 32 "No one knows what is going to happen, and I may spend the next year or two in a Confederate prison. I don't think my Uncle Homer would cry his eyes out if such should be my fate, for he has lost several vessels and cargoes of cotton on my account," returned Christy. Without discussing this matter any farther, Christy detailed his plan to Mr. Flint, which was certainly very simple, and the second lieutenant could raise no objection to it. He was requested to select the men who were to take part in the enterprise, and all the particulars were definitely arranged. There was nothing more to be done, and Christy was left to himself to consider what he had done. The hungry officer helped himself hastily from the table which was waiting for him in the ward room, and then hastened on deck. In fact, in less than an hour he said he was entirely relieved from the severe pain. He was very grateful to the doctor, whom no one suspected of being a Yankee gunboat officer. "Who is Peach?" asked Christy, who had been at home so little that he hardly knew the names of the servants. "Not a bad wound at all, Captain Passford," said Mr. Pennant. "The doctor says I am still fit for duty." "I have no idea of its strength; but I do not care to have the Bronx knocked to pieces by the big guns of a fort. The bar of Barataria and the shoal water of the entrance to the bay extend out about two miles into the Gulf. At low water, two miles from the fort, we should bury our keel in the mud. It looks just now as though we should have to put the Bronx under the guns of the fort, or simply blockade the entrance to the bay. That makes it look like a quiet time in these waters." CHAPTER XIV THE AFFRAY ON THE QUARTER-DECK OF THE BRONX

เวบsbobet

เวบsbobet เว็บพนันออนไลน์ระดับโลก สมัครวันนี้รับฟรีโบนัส 500

เวบsbobet "I am all right, Corny; but I should like to 176 have you or some one tell me what has been going on in this steamer, for this black rascal will not say a word to me," replied the prisoner. "Mr. Passford," continued the captain, indicating Christy with his finger, "your father's name, if you please." "You have never seen my cousin Corny, I believe, Dave; but he looks like me. Now sit down, and I will tell you all about it." "Dr. Connelly?" "You believe that your papers were taken from you, and the blanks substituted for them?" 187 "This is mean of you, Christy, to put me in irons," said Corny reproachfully as he turned to his cousin; "I might have asked Captain Battleton to put you in irons on board of the Vernon; but I did not." "I don't think it will, Galvinne. Behave like a gentleman, and we shall have no difficulty," added Corny. "We are bound to the westward, and the course looks as though we might be ordered up the Mississippi," suggested Mr. Flint. Mr. Pennant put out the light in his lantern, and the party started to cross the island. lsm999 ทางเขา illustration of quoted scene "Put him into the boat," added Christy. "What! Are you not going to give them to me?" demanded Mr. Galvinne, apparently as much in astonishment as in anger. "I beg your pardon, Captain Flanger, but do you really purpose to blow out the brains of your figure-head?" asked Christy, as coolly as though no such threat had been suggested to him. Ensign Flint was appointed to the command of the Bronx by the flag-officer, who had called upon Captain Passford in his stateroom. Christy had not failed to commend his executive officer in the highest terms. The commodore suggested that Christy could not be very kindly disposed towards Captain Battleton of the Vernon, on account of his decision against him in the matter of his identity. "Bless the Lord that you are his nephew and not his son!" exclaimed Michael fervently, as he raised his eyes towards the sky, which was beginning to be visible through the fog. "I have heard about you, for I was to pilot a vessel out of Cedar Keys when you came up there in command of the boats. Colonel Passford was over there, and he saw you on board of the Havana." "But the flag-ship will make out the steamer," suggested Corny. "I done count only four ob dem w'en I was dar last time." The commodore shook his head, but he looked very good-natured. Christy narrated the part Dave had taken in the capture of Captain Flanger in the cabin, and in recovering possession of the Bronx when it was shown that the officers were rebels. Mr. Flint was sent for. He was quite as earnest in his plea for the steward as the commander had been, and the written appointment of Mr. David Davis was in Christy's hands when the flag-officer took his leave of the wounded commander. 113 Christy recognized the Bronx if others did not, for none of the officers had been on this station before. He wondered if the present deception was likely to be carried out to the accomplishment of the end the conspirators had in view. He could see nothing to prevent its accomplishment. "What time shall you come about?" asked Corny, apparently from curiosity rather than any especial interest in the navigation of the steamer. เวบuwin789 344 In ten minutes more the Bronx quivered under the discharge of the great midship gun, and a cloud of smoke rose above her deck. "Over to the other side of the island," replied the lieutenant. 204 The body of the fog evidently lay near the water, and the lookout had probably seen the light over the top of the bank, as it could not be made out on the bridge. Christy expressed his belief that the sun would burn the fog off soon after it rose. No variation of the drift lead had been reported, and the Bronx was not even swinging at her anchor. For an hour longer entire silence was preserved on the deck, and the lookout made no further report. "I don't blame him, if you call him a black rascal," added Christy. "But you need not call me by your own name any longer, cousin, for it will not help your case any more. Your game is played out, and you have been beaten with your own weapons. When you want to play another Yankee trick, you had better remember that you are not a Yankee, and you are not skilled in the art of doing it." "An excellent simile, Captain Passford, and I could not have invented a better myself," returned the privateersman. "I think we understand each other perfectly, and therefore it is not necessary to 272 use up any more time in explanations. You are too intelligent a person to fail to comprehend my plan. As an epitome of the whole scene, I may add that I propose to do what my friend Galvinne undertook with that cousin of yours: I intend to take the Bronx into Pensacola Bay, and have her used in the service of the righteous cause in which the people of the South are engaged," continued Captain Flanger, as though he believed in all he was saying. "Take it from him," said the commander. "Then you can do my errand for me," added the soldier. เวบsbobet "I tell you the truth, Dave; but things are mixed," added Christy. "Now, captain, will you permit me ask what you do not understand, for I assure you I am profoundly ignorant of the situation which perplexes you. I was ordered to be on board of the Vernon at one o'clock, and I found her under way at eleven. I happened to find a boatman before I left the ferry-boat, who put me on board, or I should have missed my passage. That is simply all I know about the matter."

• สมัครง่ายๆแค่คลิก ระบบเราทำงานอัติโนมัติภายใน 5 วินาทีเท่านั้น
  • รองรับเมนูภาษาไทย เล่นพนันผ่านมือถือได้
  • แทงสเต็ปขั้นต่ำได้ 2 คู่ขึ้นไปง่ายๆ พร้อมส่วนลดต่างๆมาหมาย
  • อัตราการจ่ายค่าน้ำสูง แทงขั้นต่ำเพียง 10 บาท
  • ฝาก-ถอน ด้วยระบบอัตโนมัติ AUTO ผ่านหน้าเว็บด้วยตัวคุณเอง
  • Call Center ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง รองรับการสอบถาม ปรึกษาและสมัครได้ตลอดเวลา
  • ซื่อสัตย์ เชื่อถือได้ การันตี การเงินมั่นคง 100%
  • มีคาสิโนออนไลน์ ทั้งบาคาร่า และอื่นๆ แบบสดๆ ให้เล่นได้ในไอดีเดียวกัน
  • การเงินมั่นคง จ่ายเร็ว จ่ายไว จ่ายไม่อั้น
  • สมัครสมาชิกกับเราวีนนี้ พร้อมโปรโมชั่นดีอีกมากมาย
  • เว็บตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ บริหารงานโดยทีมงานคุณภาพ
เวบsbobet

สมัครสมาชิก เวบsbobet

1. สมัครเวบsbobet เล่นผ่านหน้าเว็บไซต์หรือแอดไลน์ (Line) @เวบsbobet
  2. กรอกข้อมูลตามที่ระบบแจ้ง
  3. เลือกค่ายเกม เวบsbobet เว็บตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์
  4. ทำการฝากถอนเงินด้วยระบบอัตโนมัติ AUTO
  5. รับ User และ Password
  6. เลือกทางเข้าเล่นเว็บ เวบsbobet ที่สมัครสมาชิก
  7. กรอก User และ Password ที่ระบบให้เพื่อจะนำไปใช้ในการ Login เข้าเกม
  8. เมื่อ Login เข้าเล่นได้แล้วจากนั้นให้เลือกแถบเกม ที่ต้องการจะเล่นได้เลย

โปรโมชั่น เวบsbobet พิเศษเฉพาะคุณ

โปรโมชั่น เวบsbobet ยูฟ่าเบท โปรแรงแซงทุกค่าย มีให้เลือกมากมาย คุ้มทุกโปร เลือกตามใจชอบได้เลย หากมีข้อสงสัยกรุณาติดต่อเราผ่านช่องทางไลน์แอด LINE: @เวบsbobet

บทความที่น่าสนใจ

amb88

amb88

amb88 "I won't do so any more, Captain Passford," protested the steward, showing his ivory, though he was not a very black man, and the contrast was not as great as in many instances. It was a living being, or it would not move, and he was certain that he had made a discovery. Then two regrets flashed through his mind as he stepped down from the veranda; the first, that he had not put on his shoes before he left his chamber, and the second, that he had not taken his pistols, for a bullet would travel a great deal faster than a barefooted officer, even of the United States Navy. But he ran with all his speed to the street, to the great detriment of his uncovered feet.

Read More »
rachaslot

rachaslot

rachaslot "What then?" repeated the intruder. "Why, you will reduce me to the disagreeable necessity of blowing out your brains, if you have any, as I should judge that you had not, after your refusal to accede to my request in the face of the death that awaits you." The entire party then seated themselves at the table. "How many men are there at the fort?" On the lower floor nothing appeared to have been disturbed. In the parlor a gold watch, adorned with diamonds, had been left on the table by Florry, who had forgotten it; but it had not been taken. The burglar could not have helped 24 seeing it if he had explored the house as such gentry do on such occasions. In the dining-room no attempt to open the steel safe set in the wall, which contained a vast amount of silver, jewelry, money, and other valuables, had been made. In a word, wherever they examined the rooms, no sign of any depredations could be discovered. The burglar did not appear to have lunched in the pantry where some choice viands had been placed. The robber had certainly been very considerate, and had done no mischief either for plunder or diversion. He had evidently, in the opinion of Mrs. Passford and her son, undertaken a profitless enterprise.

Read More »
gamelunawin

gamelunawin

gamelunawin There was a silence for a few moments. The two boats were soon in the water, though the first lieutenant wondered that he had not been sent on this important service. The two officers hurried their crews, and the boats flew on their mission. The commander felt that it was necessary to keep an eye on the fort, for its energetic officer was not at all inclined to be idle at the present exciting time. The Bronx had hardly stopped her screw before the soldiers were to be seen on the barbette; but the shell with which the midship gun had been charged sent them all to the casemates in an instant. Upon this when it was brought he dropped a quantity of the chloroform, and applied it to the seat of the pain. In a moment the soldier cried out against the burning heat of the remedy; but the practitioner insisted that it should remain a while longer. But he relieved him of it in a short time.

Read More »
ฝาก 100 รบ 300 ไมตอง ทา เท รน

ฝาก 100 รบ 300 ไมตอง ทา เท รน

ฝาก 100 รบ 300 ไมตอง ทา เท รน "Mullygumps!" exclaimed Dave, as he suspended his labors on the trunk. The cabin steward had two feather dusters, one of which was very large, and the other of medium size. He had used the big one so industriously that very little was left of the feathers except the bare quills that were inserted in a cylinder of hard wood, too heavy for the use of a delicate female, though Dave had wielded it till it was in better condition to be thrown overboard than to be used on the panels and furniture of the cabin. CHAPTER XXV THE DESTRUCTION OF A PROMINENT FACIAL MEMBER

Read More »
quickbet

quickbet

quickbet "I know enough to understand when I am treated like a gentleman. Change your manners, or I will order you to leave my cabin. You talk to me as though I were a small boy, and had nothing to do with the enterprise in which we are engaged," returned Corny. CHAPTER VIII THE PRISONER OF WAR "I am sure I don't know, Mr. Galvinne; I did not order them there," replied the third lieutenant, who was in charge of the deck.

Read More »

ใส่ความเห็น

อีเมลของคุณจะไม่แสดงให้คนอื่นเห็น ช่องข้อมูลจำเป็นถูกทำเครื่องหมาย *